ADSM-L

HSM dsmreconcile failure

1999-06-02 16:17:11
Subject: HSM dsmreconcile failure
From: John Valdes <j-valdes AT UCHICAGO DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 15:17:11 -0500
All,

The dsmreconcile process no longer works on our AIX HSM client (AIX
4.2.1, ADSM 3.1.0.6).  Specifically, I starts up, but then fails
within about 30 minutes of startup with the sole error (from
dsmerror.log):

  DoReconcile: ReconFileSpace failed /hsm00, rc: 102

Anyone know what causes this, and what's the fix?  The HSM client
currently has a single HSM filesystem, storing about 1TB of data in
about 600K inodes.

John

John Valdes                        Department of Astronomy & Astrophysics
John Valdes                        Department of Astronomy & Astrophysics
j-valdes AT uchicago DOT edu                               University of Chicago