ADSM-L

adsm connect agent on sql server

1999-06-02 13:38:23
Subject: adsm connect agent on sql server
From: "CANNAM, CINDY (SWBT)" <CC5657 AT MOMAIL.SBC DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 12:38:23 -0500
To all:

I've recently installed the ADSM SQL Connect Agent on one NT box, and after
correcting a few small problems with scripting, etc., the following
entries/show-stopper appeared in the logs. I don't know whether I need to
place some other parm in the agent's DSM.OPT file (what would it be?), or
whether something in the incremental script must refer to the node name, the
sql server name, and passwords, etc. There was no mention of the agent
needing to be a user/manager on the machine in the documentation, and the
agent was installed with full authority. The message response in the manual
is pretty broad in scope, so I thought someone out there might have seen
this particular problem before, and would be able to give me a quick place
to look before I start setting up NT processes, etc., to track down the
problem's source. Any help would be appreciated since we're still manually
backing up the databases.

Thanks.

ACO4210E -- Failed to connect to SQL server.
The current date is: Mon 05/31/1999
Enter the new date: (mm-dd-yy) The current time is:  3:00:07.43
Enter the new time:
ADSTAR Distributed Storage Manager
ADSMConnect Agent for Microsoft SQL Server - Version 1, Release 1, Level 1
(C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1997, 1998. All rights reserved.

ADSM API Version 3, Release 1, Level 5
ADSM Nodename: virpro_agent

License file exists and contains valid license data.

Logging on to the ADSM server...

Logging on to the SQL server...

ACO4210E -- Failed to connect to SQL server.

*       Cynthia L. (Cindy) Cannam, MBA
*       Southwestern Bell Telephone
*       Systems Manager/Technical Support
*       Open Systems Storage - ADSM
*       (314)340-0722 work
*       (314)879-1696 pager
*       (314)340-0992 fax