ADSM-L

Re: V3 and Excl-Incl

1999-06-01 11:48:10
Subject: Re: V3 and Excl-Incl
From: "Richard C. Dempsey" <dempsey AT KODAK DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 11:48:10 -0400
How about this:

EXCLUDE.DIR C:\*
INCLUDE C:\TEST\...\*

The only change is the addition of the terminal asterisk to the
first line.  This will not exclude the root directory on C:, but
only its children.  The second line will pickup child C:\TEST\.
I don't think you need the "...\*" part of the string, but I would
want to verify that with testing.

Rich

At 11:06 AM 6/1/99 -0400, Tom Haddad wrote:
>I had sent an earlier note on EXCLUDE.DIR and its use.
>
>From the V3 Technical Guide redbook, it says that if a directory structure is
>excluded via a EXCLUDE.DIR and an INLCLUDE statement includes part of this
>excluded.directory structure, then that INCLUDE is ignored.
>
>I want to exclude all data on this client except for a specific directory..
>
>if i do this the INCLUDE is ignored..
>
>EXCLUDE.DIR C:\
>INCLUDE C:\TEST\...\*
>
>SHould I change the EXCLUDE.DIR  to EXCLUDE *:\...\* ?  This will mean I will
>get backup copy of all directories though!!!!

Richard C. Dempsey                 email: dempsey AT kodak DOT com
Public Online Services             pager: 716-975-3539
11th Floor, Bldg 83, RL            phone: 716-477-3457
Eastman Kodak Company              fax:   716-722-3885
Rochester, NY 14650-2203