ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:43:36

The problem really has nothing to do with NFS.  If a read times out the stale
NFS handle message is used.  I am assuming that the developer assumed that a
local filesystem would never time out (hmmm... does the rule about assuming
apply when I assume re: someone else's assumption?)  In my shop I have had to
set the nfstimeout value to 120, but now I don't get aborted backups that
complain about NFS.

 (Embedded
 image moved   Jim Hicks <jdhicks AT IBM DOT NET>
 to file:      05/27/99 03:21 PM
 pic21793.pcx)