ADSM-L

Re: DRM Losing Tapes

2015-10-04 17:43:36
Subject: Re: DRM Losing Tapes
From: Scott Fluegge [mailto:sfluegge AT VENATORGROUP DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hi all, I am the person that was going to open a case with IBM about the missing
tapes.

I still plan to do so but I am trying to document the tape loss as completely as
possible.  I too was running the del volhist command which I have since stopped.
That did reduce the number of tapes I am loosing but it is still happening.  I
have been running the q libv and q drmedia commands and saving them to a file
every day.  What I have noticed is that all the tapes I loose are Data Base
Backups and they seem to only be in the vault retrieve state for one day if at
all.  Once I can get a better picture of which tapes are vanishing, and when, I
will open a case.  Are we three the only that have had this problem or have
others noticed this?

Scott Fluegge
Venator Group