ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:43:36
Hello all,

I had an interesting problem with the PTF6 client running on a Solaris 2.6
system. I did a point-in-time
restore to the system I was on of another systems filespaces. Everything
apparently went okay, but
it failed on 74 out of 2500+ files. When I looked at what files it had
rejected, they were in two subdirectories
called 'lang', /a/b/lang and /a/c/lang. I then tried a GUI restore of just
these directories (-subdir=yes) and
it restored just the top level of each and failed the subdir's.

If I then repeated the command with options -replace=yes and -inactive it all
worked.  The files in these directories
are part of a language compiler, and so haven't been changed since the compiler
was installed many months
ago.

Final piece of wierdness, the GUI refuses to show a directory on the system
that I was taking files from called 'cobol3.2',
it's definitely there since I've retreived files from it with no problems,
other than the one detailed above.

Any idea's?

Thanks.

Bob Cross.

--Boundary_(ID_WX3bYcdo5yw7fZ1KQx8wHw)--