ADSM-L

ADSM NT 3.1.2.20 (pb or no ?!)

1999-05-27 05:41:00
Subject: ADSM NT 3.1.2.20 (pb or no ?!)
From: G Christian <chris_g_fr AT YAHOO DOT FR>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 11:41:00 +0200
Hi every people !

I made last week a restore procedure like that :

Old ADSM version 3.1.0.2 on a NT 4 SP3 :
-run a Query System to know all the config,
-migrate all the data from disk pool to tape pool,
-migrate all the data from disk pool to tape pool,
-check the number and size of disks pool,
-check the number and size of disks pool,
-check the number and size of the db and log vol,
-check the number and size of the db and log vol,
-backup the volhist.out and devcfng.out and dsm.opt,
-backup the volhist.out and devcfng.out and dsm.opt,
-backup full of the database
-backup full of the database
NB : robotic is 9714 STK with 6 x DLT4000
NB : robotic is 9714 STK with 6 x DLT4000

After installing NT 4 SP3 and ADSM 3.1.2.20 on a new server :
-run ADSM and create the same db and log vol,
-stop adsm and run ADSM scsi,
-stop adsm and run ADSM scsi,
-initiate a restore db command like :
-initiate a restore db command like :
         dsmserv restore db todate=today
         dsmserv restore db todate=today
-the restore command ran ok,
-run ADSM, redefined and associated all disk pools,
-run ADSM, redefined and associated all disk pools,
-try several backup, reclaim, migrate, etc....
-try several backup, reclaim, migrate, etc....
So all seems ok ! but someone told to me that is not the good procedure
So all seems ok ! but someone told to me that is not the good procedure
to make it (upgrade from 3.1.0.2 to 3.1.2.20 and make the restore after
is the good procedure) IBM confirm it but said that the ADSM code was
normal !..

So i must take a decision today (27/5/99) to decide if i made the
"good" procedure.

Is anybody can make the same procedure like me ?

Have any idea of suggestions ?

Thanks a lot (and thanks l.humar for your help !)

Chris.