ADSM-L

Exabyte 230D Library with ADSM 3.1.2.20

1999-05-27 04:38:10
Subject: Exabyte 230D Library with ADSM 3.1.2.20
From: Adrian Merwood <Adrian_Merwood AT TIVOLI DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 09:38:10 +0100
Hi,

I am setting up a new ADSM server with an Exabyte 230D DLT Library (2
Drives (70GB) + 30+1 Slots).  The ADSM Server is NT based and is running
3.1.2.20.

The library seems to work pretty well (not as good as Magstar MP so far)
but I have a couple of issues:

   I am getting DAILY library changer errors mounting or dismounting tapes.
   Once the error has occurred the library will not play until it has been
   reset.  The drive shows mainly "put" errors.

   I cannot work out how I should handle cleaning tapes with this library.
   If I put a cleaning tape in the library and checkin search=yes/label
   search=yes the library will try to mount the cleaning tape!  If I remove
   the tape all is well.  If I then try to checkin the tape as per the
   latest intellegence on SCSI Libraries and cleaning tapes in the ADSM
   Server Release notes I received a message saying that the library is
   FULL?????

Can anybody shed any light on these problems or share any other experiences
regarding ADSM with DLT Libraries (230D specifically or in general).

Thanks,

Adrian