ADSM-L

Re: Oracle incremental backup

1999-05-26 10:59:46
Subject: Re: Oracle incremental backup
From: "Helms, William H." <william_h_helms AT MD.NORTHGRUM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 10:59:46 -0400
....We are doing this in an environment that is very similiar to yours on
several ADSM clients running UNIX. We do incremental backups of redo logs
each weekday night while Oracle is up and running, then do a full offline
backup of the entire Oracle database on the weekend.  The full (selective)
is kicked off by cron on the client and is a script that brings down Oracle,
does a dsmc to backup the database, then brings Oracle backup. The process
has been going very smoothly with no problems....Bill