ADSM-L

Cancelling Processes with Tape Drive Problems

1999-05-25 12:40:51
Subject: Cancelling Processes with Tape Drive Problems
From: Virginia Hysock <vhysock AT CSC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 12:40:51 -0400
     Mike and Richard - thanks for your responses.  I realize that if I
first make the volume unavailable to ADSM, then cancel the process, that
this will sometimes work - although it seems to me that it does not always
work?  Otherwise, why would I be forced to bring the server down in order
to get rid of the mount request?  Guess I'll start trying that on a
consistent basis to see what kind of results I get.

     As for Richard's response regarding the use of 'CANcel REQuest ...
PERManent', can't say I've ever heard of that one.  Of course, I more
frequently use the GUI rather than the command line for this type of thing.
I'll check this out, too.  Thanks again.