ADSM-L

Client 3.1.0.6 IP22732 on NT 4 SP4

1999-05-21 12:09:16
Subject: Client 3.1.0.6 IP22732 on NT 4 SP4
From: Joel Cooper <jocooper AT DTTUS DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 11:09:16 -0500
BUG QUESTION:

I have a client 3.1.0.6 IP22732 on NT 4 SP4.

When my user tries to restore using the Backing Archive GUI, wants to restore to
a location other than the original and the path of the restore is so long it
will not fit in the Current Path field of the window, ADSM puts a "..." in to
abbreviate the path.

When the restore is to begin, ADSM appears to be using this "abbreviated" path
LITERALLY.

The restore fails with a ANS1256E - Cannot make file/directory.

The failed path is the abbreviated path.

example:
C:\Winnt\profiles\superjc\Desktop\Backup Folder\ccdata1

will be abbreviated to

        C:\...\Desktop\Backup Folder\ccdata1

and the restore will fail.

Does anyone know if this is a reported bug?

Joel Cooper
Site Tech Server Team
Deloitte & Touche LLP
jocooper AT dttus DOT com