ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:43:36
Hi all,

I need some info regarding sharing a 3570 Tape Library between an AS400 and
its IPCS.  Unfortunately I don't have any where to test this configuration
at the moment, but I need to find out as much as possible about what
problems I may encounter.

I am looking at the following configuration:  We will install the NT ADSM
server on an IPCS, this will then backup the NT environment.  The AS400
will continue running it's normal backups.  From what I have found out so
far, I am looking at a number of problems:

Configuring the 3570 to function properly with the IPCS.
Sharing the drive between the two environments especially when scheduling
backups
Performance - the IPCS apparently is very slow at backing up to the 3570

I am sure most people's reaction will be to install ADSM on the AS400 and
then back up the NT clients that way.  Please understand I am not trying to
back up the IPCS, but back up external NT servers using ADSM on the IPCS.

Any input on this problem will be MUCH appreciated.

Thanks

Scott