ADSM-L

New user include/exclue question.

1999-05-20 10:08:31
Subject: New user include/exclue question.
From: "Paul B. Kuchinski" <pbk105 AT PSU DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 10:08:31 -0400
Hello,
    I am trying to set up the ADSM clients and am having problems
understanding the include/exclude statements. More than likely I'm just
being dense but could somebody tell me if these assumptions are correct?

1) If I want to exclude an entire drive including root dir and files and
all subdirs and files would this do it:
        exclude c:\*        (exclude root dir files)
        exclude c:\*.*     (exclude root dir files with an extension)
        exclude c:\...\*    (exclude all subdirs files)
        exclude c:\...\*.* (exclude all sudirs file with extensions)

Is this just a redundant way of saying "exclude c:* exclude c:*.*?"

and if I want to include some specific sudbirectories would the
following be correct:

        include c:\pbk105\work\...\*.* (include files with extensions in
all sudirs)
        include c:\pbk105\work\...\*    (include files for all subdirs)
        include c:\pbk105\work\*.*     (include files with extensions in
this dir)
        include c:\pbk105\work\*        (include files in this dir)

Is this also redundant? If so, where?

I used to have a grip on this stuff and then I stopped working with ADSM
and everything I thought I knew seems to have slipped away. I'm sure you
have all answered this question a zillion times but I just joined this
listserv. I apologize in advance if you guys are sick of answering this
question.

Paul