ADSM-L

Re: NT Long Files Names

1999-05-19 12:21:16
Subject: Re: NT Long Files Names
From: Lisa Galindo <ldgalindo AT DSTSYSTEMS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 11:21:16 -0500
ADSM'ers,
     With your NT Long File Names abends, what was the error code?  Did you
receive one?   Did any of you read the dump?  If so, see anything weird?   I
reported to all of you a few days ago that we were receiving the C05 abends
during restore on isolated servers.   Although I've opened a ticket with IBM,
the interactions have not been timely or helpful.  (I'll address that through
other means.)  But, we have spoken with Microsoft.  They've been rather amazing
and provided dump readers and debugging tools.   Our abend happens at exactly
the same address and at the same number of gigabytes restored every time.   The
dump indicates a bad branch into and from hex 0's.   Now, we don't know who's
doing the branch or why.    We are attempting to get a copy of the ADSM symbol
files from IBM to complete our debugging.    Have any of you been down this
road?
     Our guess is it is something to do with specific files, such as excessive
length or security access.

Lisa