ADSM-L

Netware5 passwordgenerate access error

1999-05-18 21:53:09
Subject: Netware5 passwordgenerate access error
From: Dan Laden <dladen AT YAHOO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 18:53:09 -0700
I have ADSM 3.1.06 installed on a netware 5 with sp1a server.  I have
"passwordaccess generate" in the dsm.opt file.

The first time a run DSMC, I am prompted for a password.  I provide it
and get a dsmc prompt.  I exit and unload the NLM.  I see that a PWD
file is generated.  I load the DSMC a second time expecting it to pull
the NODE password from the PWD file (there are two PWD files..one for
the node and one for filesystem) but it does not...I am prompted again.

I cannot resolve this.  I have 15 novell servers from 3.x to 5.x and
this is the only one giving me greif.

Any advice,
Dan Laden