ADSM-L

Re: Error connecting 3494 to an SP over T/R lan

1999-05-18 11:39:33
Subject: Re: Error connecting 3494 to an SP over T/R lan
From: Paul Bergh <pbergh AT ATT DOT NET>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 11:39:33 -0400
Make sure your lan connection is in place BEFORE the software is installed.
Check the following;

1. The /etc/ibmatl.conf file it should look like
Libary name   connection type         identifier
3494             9.115.32.21: 3494     neptune

this stanza defines the "3494" library, the address of the library manager on
the
3494 dataserver as 9.115.32.21 connected through port # 3494, and uses
neptune identifier to the host. Typically, the port value is not changed, and
it's value is set at default during the installation process. If you decide not
change
the port, the connection type would be simply the IP address, 9.115.32.21. Make
sure your library name in /etc/ibmatl.conf is the same name when you added an
LMCP logical device through smit.

Note: you can add or delete entries in /etc/ibmatl.conf at any time. The changes
that you make do not take effect until the daemon is started again.Use the kill
command to kill the lmcpd process, and then enter /etc/lmcpd command
to start the daemon.

2. Verify that lmcpd is loaded correctly by typing

ps -efa | grep lmcpd

3. An aix trace facility is supported for the device driver. the trace event is
identified with a hookword. The hookword used by the device driver may be
295. To initiate the trace enter

trace -a -j  295   Note you need to determine your hookword from your IBM CE

stop the trace by entering

trcstop

To view the trace, enter

trcrpt > lmcp.trace.out

the above command formats the trace output into a readable form and places
it in a file for viewing. The /etc/lmcp.trcfmt file is installed into /etc
during
installation.
It provides the formatting statements needed by trcrpt.

good luck and hope this helps.

Regard, Paul.