ADSM-L

Re: Turbo Nways 155Mbps ATM

1999-05-17 21:27:53
Subject: Re: Turbo Nways 155Mbps ATM
From: Bruce Elrick <belrick AT HOME DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 19:27:53 -0600
I assume by ELAN you mean LAN Emulation, as opposed to Classical IP over ATM
(CLIP).

When you say you've created your ELAN adapter, do you mean you have successfully
created an 'ent0' virtual Ethernet adapter (I believe it comes up as a LAN
Emulation Client adapter (LEC))?

If so, you should be able to go into smit and choose 'add an interface'.  It
should automatically detect the entN  that does not have an enN or etN and give
you the option of creating either.  More that likely you want the plain enN and
not the IEEE etN.  You then treat entN and enN as you would a normal Ethernet
adapter and interface.

Cheers...
Bruce

--