ADSM-L

Spurious command failure

1999-05-17 16:46:39
Subject: Spurious command failure
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 16:46:39 -0400
My site has an ADSM server at level 3.1.2.20 running under MVS. One of the
other ADSM administrators has Policy, Storage, and Analyst authority. He was
recently involved in off-shift systems maintenance that entailed having him
issue a 'define clientaction' command to start a backup when the maintenance
was done. I checked the "ADSM Administrator's Reference" and found that Policy
authority would enable him to issue that command. When he issued the command
he saw an error message stating that he was not authorized to issue the
command. Despite the message, the command was executed and the backup started.
Is this a known problem?