ADSM-L

Re: ABEND while running ADSM on a NW5 Server

1999-05-17 11:58:15
Subject: Re: ABEND while running ADSM on a NW5 Server
From: "Blair, Ian" <iblair AT KILCOM1.UCIS.DAL DOT CA>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 12:58:15 -0300
5 weeks ago ibm service assisted us in resolving this issue.

smdr.nlm is in "Border Manager" as well as sp2beta.

Border Manager (free download) is not beta , it is production code,
therefore smdr 5.03 is production tested.

smdr can be applied alone without sp2beta or Border Manager

smdr at one time was up on ibm's site for download,
but novell might be a more appropriate source

On 16 May 99, at 6:48, Mike Glassman - Admin wrote:

> Rick,
>
> I'm running SP2 on the server.
>
> I am afraid I'm well versed with IBM's answer's regarding these issues. So
> far, on all my problems, there solution has allways been to downgrade, and
> this is something I can't do i'm afraid.
>
> I'd appreciate knowing if there is a date module issue for the SP2 version
> of SMDR, and whether anyone else has found that SP2 solves this issue or is
> that simply a suggestion from IBM ?
>
> Thanks so far,
>
> Mike

== Robert IAN Blair, Systems Administrator = VOICE: 902-494-3310  ==
== Dalhousie Univ,  B519  Computer  F&O =    FAX:   902-494-2319  ==
== Killam Library,  6225 University Ave = EMAIL: ian.blair AT dal DOT ca ==
== Halifax,    NS,  Canada      B3H 4H8 =  or: cfo.systems AT dal DOT ca ==