ADSM-L

Backing up DB2

1999-05-17 11:12:05
Subject: Backing up DB2
From: Tomas Hallin <thwork AT MINDSPRING DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 11:12:05 -0400
Hello, people.

I'm trying to test backing up our databases using ADSM.  So far I've
tried experimenting with DB2, and Sybase is also in the pipeline.
However, I'm having problems even getting started, and would appreciate
any help I can get.

My environment is ADSM/NT 3.1, and the database is DB2 UDB 5.2/NT.
There is nothing about backing up DB2 in the ASDM books, and precious
little about backing up to ADSM in the DB2 books.  An API trusted agent
file (dsmapicta) is mentioned, I can find no such thing on my system.
Also, when I try running the DB2 backup, it complains about not finding
ADSM32.DLL, which is also not on my system.

Thanks,

/Tomas

Tomas Hallin
Affinity Technology Group