ADSM-L

Re: UNIX Client Silent Installs

1999-05-13 22:58:12
Subject: Re: UNIX Client Silent Installs
From: Michael Lightfoot <michael.lightfoot AT CENTRELINK.GOV DOT AU>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 12:58:12 +1000
Depends what variant of Unix one is talking about.  We have built  SVR4
packages from the ADSM client stuff (adsm-a, adsm-c and even adsm-h) for
installation on our large number of Sun boxes.  It is modeately painless -
you just have to use preinstall and postinstall scripts to prepare things
correctly.

We also install the ADSM client package on all our new builds via jumpstart
(along with a lot of other locally built packages such as top, sudo, ssh,
ntp, etc.)

I know HP allows similar stuff with their install software.  All SVR4
systems (Pyramid, SGI, Sequent, etc) use packages so you can do stuff
similar to ours.

michael
Unix Consultant
Centrelink
Any comments are my own, not my employers, especially the stupid ones.
Any comments are my own, not my employers, especially the stupid ones.
Eric LEWIS <eric.lewis AT CCMAIL.ADP.WISC DOT EDU> on 14/05/99 06:10:00 am
Eric LEWIS <eric.lewis AT CCMAIL.ADP.WISC DOT EDU> on 14/05/99 06:10:00 am