ADSM-L

problem with silent client installs.

1999-05-13 17:13:42
Subject: problem with silent client installs.
From: David Killingsworth <dkillingsworth AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 16:13:42 -0500
I'm trying to install the client for 32 version 3.1.06

I've run the setup.exe -r command, and copied the c:\winnt\setup.iss to my
install directory

My install directory on the second machine is c:\temp\install\
I ran setup.exe -s f1c:\temp\install\setup.iss

However, the install never completes.  If I open up the Windows explorer, I can
see that the f:\apps\adsm
directory gets created, and the c:\temp\_istmp0.dir directory gets created, but
suddenly the f:\apps\adsm directory disappears.  It happens so quick that I
can't tell what's going on.

I finally looked in the c:\temp\install\setup.log file, and the last line of
the log looks like this:
[ResponseResult]
ResultCode=-12

HELP!!!

I've recreated the setup.iss file several times, but still get the same problem.