ADSM-L

Re: 3575 micro code

1999-05-12 05:16:39
Subject: Re: 3575 micro code
From: missy lady <missy_lady AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 02:16:39 PDT
There are two issues with 3575 microcode , first on the library itself and
second on the individual drives

The library firmware version can be determined from going into setup and
takeing the library offline and then cycleing through to option two ....the
latest version should be 2.17 ( we have just have it upgraded)

The tapedrive code can be dtermined by doing an lscfg -v  and you should get
an output something like
 rmt2              40-60-00-1,0      IBM Magstar MP 3570 Library Tape
                                     Drive

       Manufacturer................IBM
       Machine Type and Model......03570C1A
       Serial Number...............0000000A7114
       Device Specific.(FW)........5346
       Loadable Microcode Level....A0B00E27

Again the code displayed above should be the latest version

I'm afraid that you won't be able to upgrade either yourself you will have
to convince a C.E that this needs doing

If you post the sense code error that you are getting I may be able to help
some more