ADSM-L

Re: Client log question

1999-05-11 12:04:59
Subject: Re: Client log question
From: Ramesh Razdan <RRazdan AT FEET DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 11:04:59 -0500
One of the options is to set the error log and schedule log retention in your
dsm.opt file
thx
razdan

>>> Joel Cooper <jocooper AT DTTUS DOT COM> 05/11/99 10:24AM >>>
Hello:
I've just installed my first 17 clients (v3.1.0.6 on WinNT 4.0sp4 to AIX
server).
I'm using the scheduler service.

I have been looking at some of my clients with large #s of files. Not
necessarily size, but # of files.

I am trying to understand logging.

If I am looking correctly, errors are in dsmerror.log (baclient dir), and the
results of scheduled events are in dsmsched.log. The documentation says the
default of the service is EVENTLOGGING:YES.
I had a client I added last night that only got through 400,000 files (only 8GB)
and the dsmsched.log is 45MB.

How are you all with similar situations handling this? Should I EVENTLOGGING:NO?
 If I don't, or for that matter, even if I do, how do I prune or control the
size of this file? I don't want it to eventually become so large it wastes space
or is not managable to peruse.

Thanks again for all of the help of this list,

Joel Cooper
Site Tech Server Team
Deloitte & Touche LLP
jocooper AT dttus DOT com