ADSM-L

OS/2 DR with B/A 3.1. SOM.DLL problem

1999-05-11 11:50:18
Subject: OS/2 DR with B/A 3.1. SOM.DLL problem
From: "C. Lopez" <carlos_lopezm AT IECI DOT ES>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 17:50:18 +0200
Hi all:

Following the Bare Restore Metal paper, and making disaster recovery of
OS/2 with ADSM B/A client ver 2 is not an issue, but...

We are trying OS/2 Disaster Recovery with B/A client 3.1.0.6G, and when we
start "dsmc", booting with diskettes, we obtain a message of "Cannot find
SOM.DLL". This is not a matter of copying SOM.DLL, because we tried this
obtaining an Exception error 005. We made the whole of os/2 dll accesible
to B/A client, but the exception persists.

Any hints will be greatly appreciated.

Regards.