ADSM-L

Re: ANR4082W - Session terminated

1999-05-11 07:15:50
Subject: Re: ANR4082W - Session terminated
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 07:15:50 -0400
Stephanie,

I have one possible idea...

Are the scheduled events that you are starting
"batch" or "command" type scheduled events?
(Command type schedules with ".BAT" or ".CMD" files?)
For example, are they SQL or Exchange Agent backups?

If this is true and you have the batch or command files
execute the command, then the session that was started to
begin the scheduled command is probably just sitting there
since a new session will be created when running
a command from a batch or command file.
If this is the case, you could put the word "start"
in front of the command in the batch or command file:
For example:
   OLD:     excdsmc /backup:is,full
   NEW:     start excdsmc /backup:is,full

This will cause the batch or command file to start the command
and return to the batch or command file.
This may not be what you are seeing, but I have seen
it before and just thought I would mention it.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler