ADSM-L

ADSM and tape library problems

1999-05-07 15:49:14
Subject: ADSM and tape library problems
From: Alan Cheski <Alan_Cheski AT GULF DOT CA>
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 13:49:14 -0600
Howdy, has anyone out there in ADSM land experienced problems with ADSM
crashing/hanging because the tape library is in a pickle? As an example, we have
a library with 4 drives, one of which was in use for an export. Along came time
to migrate and  ADSM started two processes according to the storage pool config.
But, that would require 4 drives wouldn't it? SO then the library gets all
messed up trying to load 4 tapes into 3 drives and ADSM reports I/O failures
then up and dies. WHy wouldn't it just cancel the migration processes? We use
ADSM Server V3.1.2.0 on NT 4.0 connected to Breece Hill Saguaro Q210 library.
Any comments/suggestions would be much obliged.

Al Cheski
Gulf Canada Resources