ADSM-L

Re: Using Management classes with include

1999-05-05 16:38:02
Subject: Re: Using Management classes with include
From: "Richard C. Dempsey" <dempsey AT KODAK DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 16:38:02 -0400
Sholeh:

Did you restart the ADSM client scheduler after changing the dsm.sys file?
You would also have to restart the client scheduler after changing the
include/exclude file.

Also, on Unix clients, you have to use INCLEXCL option in dsm.sys
to point to a file of INCLUDE and EXCLUDE statements.  These are
not legal in dsm.sys.

Rich

At 08:03 PM 5/5/99 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi all
>
>I am running :
>ADSM Server : Version 3, Relaese 1, Level 2.20
>ADSM Client on DEC Unix Version 3, Relaese 1, Level 0.6
>
>I have three management classes within the same policy set and I would like
>to bind some file systems to a management class other than the default one.
>Following the ADSM "Installing the Clients" documentation I have added this
>line to dsm.sys file on the client:
>include /data/.../* <mgmtclassname>
>Ran a test backup and q backup <filename> shows it is in the default mgmt
>class.
>
>If you have come across this problem, please share your solution with this
>new adsmer.
>Thank you.
>
>Sholeh Azimfar

Richard C. Dempsey                 email: dempsey AT kodak DOT com
Public Online Services             pager: 716-975-3539
11th Floor, Bldg 83, RL            phone: 716-477-3457
Eastman Kodak Company              fax:   716-722-3885
Rochester, NY 14650-2203