ADSM-L

Re: AS/400 users ?

1999-05-05 15:07:53
Subject: Re: AS/400 users ?
From: Dennis Knee <dknee AT NAZARENE DOT ORG>
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 14:07:53 -0500
"Pichotto, Dean" wrote:

>      Anyone using ADSM on an AS/4oo? I'm trying to find out how long it
>      would take to back up 1oGB of Netware and NT file server disk across a
>      1ooMb Ethernet...so far, opinions range from 3o minutes to 6 hours...
>      no one with real world experience though...
>
>      Any advce appreciated.

Our incremental backup of our Novell network and an NT Workstation:
        Novell: 320.47 MB in 34 min
        NT: 68.25 MB in 44 min

Both backups were running concurrently over 10baseT Ethernet.

The nice thing about ADSM is that you can just back up what you have
time for during a backup window. - The next time you do an incremental
backup it will take up where it left off, etc.
--
Dennis Knee
Dennis Knee