ADSM-L

Re: STK - 9840 TapeDrive

1999-05-04 12:52:54
Subject: Re: STK - 9840 TapeDrive
From: "Richard C. Dempsey" <dempsey AT KODAK DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 12:52:54 -0400
Ann:

Why do recommend the careful consideration of what data is migrated to the
9840 drives?  Would these concerns apply to archive or backup, too?

Thanks,
Rich

At 12:16 PM 5/4/99 -0400, Ann Ehland wrote:
>We have been using the STK-9840 drives attached to our mainframe [...]
>
>I would strongly suggest to the mainframe folks using DFSMShsm that you
>review your parms, particularly those for large tapes, and carefully chose
>what data you put onto these cartridges.  If there is anyone using DFSMShsm
>on these drives, I would be very interested in hearing from you.
>
>Good luck!
>
>Ann Ehland
>ehland.aj AT mellon DOT com

Richard C. Dempsey                 email: dempsey AT kodak DOT com
Public Online Services             pager: 716-975-3539
11th Floor, Bldg 83, RL            phone: 716-477-3457
Eastman Kodak Company              fax:   716-722-3885
Rochester, NY 14650-2203