ADSM-L

Re: Problem installing NT baclient

1999-05-03 17:52:21
Subject: Re: Problem installing NT baclient
From: Andy Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 14:52:21 -0700
Hi Joel,

The caveat is standard for any fixtest that we put out, as it is
true that it has not been formally tested in our labs. However,
the fixes contained in this fixtest have been field-tested
sufficiently that I am confident in recommending it. In fact,
I recommend it over the base 3.1.0.6 code, as this fixes a couple
of restore problems in addition to the silent install problems.
Thus far (to the best of my knowledge) it fixes the problems that
it says it fixes, and does not introduce any new problems.

That said, as with any new code, I would also recommend that you
do a "sanity check" and try it on a test machine before placing
it into regular production use.

Best regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Storage Systems Division
ADSM Client Development
e-mail: storman AT us.ibm DOT com
"The only dumb question is the one that goes unasked."

Andy:
Can I ask you something? I downloaded the new client... I am very
interested in
using it for its silent install... but the read me file warns that it is
not
system tested and shouldn't be used except to fix problems..... is this
still
true or is it safe to use it for my latest client?

Thanks for your comments.
Joel Cooper
Site Tech Server Team
Deloitte & Touche LLP