ADSM-L

Re: Problem installing NT baclient

1999-05-03 17:02:47
Subject: Re: Problem installing NT baclient
From: Matthew Glanville <mwg AT KODAK DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 17:02:47 -0400
Adam Slesinger wrote:

> Hello adsmers,
>
> I'm having a bit of trouble installing the ADSM backup/archive client
> onto only one of our NT machines.  When I run the install program, it
> appears as though nothing happens!  Checking Task Manager reveals that
> the CPU is maxed out and the ADSM setup is running, but I can't see it
> anywhere.  I haven't had this problem installing ADSM on our other NT
> machines.
>
> Has anybody seen this before?  The client version is 3.1.0.3

Had this problem with installing the client if 'Lotus Notes Domino
Server' is running.
Shut down Lotus Notes, and then installshield starts running right
away....

In general, when installing anything on NT, you cannot have any other
major applications running.

For at least two reasons..  1.  It wont even install
                            2.  You have to reboot the server

Sigh.

--
Matthew Glanville