ADSM-L

FW: Any NT Lotus Agent shops true success stories?

1999-04-30 19:27:50
Subject: FW: Any NT Lotus Agent shops true success stories?
From: Joshua Bassi <jbassi AT GLORYWORKS DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 16:27:50 -0700
Kelly,

Personally I would not recommend backing up an open NSF file that is being
changed.  I am much too conservative for that.  I have no doubt that you
were able to restore NSF files successfully, but what about a Notes
environment with thousands of users and your entire disk array had a power
surge (or something similar) and you had to restore thousands of users.  Yes
it would sure simplify things, but you are not 100% guaranteed that you can
restore those flat files in the event your (let's say 2) copies are both
corrupted.  We all know what would happen if you tried to explain to the CEO
what happened to his mail file :-)

Joshua Bassi                          E-mail:        jbassi AT gloryworks DOT
com
Joshua Bassi                          E-mail:        jbassi AT gloryworks DOT
com
Storage Management Team Lead          Cellular/VM:   (408) 836-7147
Dickens Services Group                Internet:      www.TeamDSG.com