ADSM-L

From one 3570-B02 to two 3570-B01

2015-10-04 17:44:49
Subject: From one 3570-B02 to two 3570-B01
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hi,

Now, I'm using a Magstar 3570-B02 with two drives in to backup with ADSM.

In a few days, I will test my disaster recovery procedure with two
Magstar-B01 with only one tape drive inside of each magstar.

So, I want to know the following things:

1-Will I have to defined a new library for the new tape drive?
2-Will I have to define to edit manually the devconfig file for the new
drive?
3-Will I have to define a new class?
4-When I will restore the primary storage pool, should I destroy the
primary storage defined in the class I use and define a new primary storage
pool to restore inside it?
5- What's gonna be the main differences between using two B01 when I was
using one B02?

Thanks for your help!

Josee Robichaud

Josee Robichaud