ADSM-L

Re: Include/Exclude mistery to me.

1999-04-29 13:56:00
Subject: Re: Include/Exclude mistery to me.
From: Andy Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 10:56:00 -0700
Hi Cris,

EXCLUDE.DIR is coded just like any other exclude, except that it must
not terminate with a backslash or backslash/asterisk. If the directory
specification includes blanks, then it must be enclosed in quotes.
Examples:

WRONG:
   - exclude.dir \temporary Internet Files\...\*

        Note: ends with a backslash/asterisk combination,
              and does not specify a drive letter (I'm
              assuming Windows here).

        Note: specification contains blanks, but is not
              quoted.

   - exclude.dir "c:\temporary internet files\*"

        Note: Ends with a backslash/asterisk combination.

RIGHT:
   - exclude.dir "c:\Temporary Internet Files"

        Note: specifications that include blanks must be
              enclosed in quotes.

   - exclude.dir "c:\...\Temporary Internet Files"

   - exclude.dir "c:\...\temporary internet files"

   - EXCLUDE.DIR "C:\...\TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES"

        Note: excludes any directory named "Temporary Internet Files"
              on the C: drive.

        Note: case insensitive on case insensitive platforms.
              case IS sensitive on UNIX.

   - exclude.dir "*:\...\temporary internet files"

        Note: excludes any directory named
              "temporary internet files" on any drive.

   - exclude.dir "*:\...\temp*"
        Note: excludes any directory beginning with "temp"
              (or "TEMP", or "Temp", or "tEmP", etc.) on
              any drive.

Hope this helps,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Storage Systems Division
ADSM Client Development
e-mail: storman AT us.ibm DOT com
"The only dumb question is the one that goes unasked."

Good luck!

I've had problems with this one for a while. No one seems to have the
answer.
We are trying to exclude the "Temporary Internet Files" and nothing has
worked.
example:  exclude.dir "\temporary Internet Files\...\*"
CR

Cris Robinson
Sr. Technical Analyst
Enterprise Storage Management / ADSM
Liberty Mutual Insurance
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
603.431.8400.54837
mailto:cris.robinson AT libertymutual DOT com

Dilbert words of Wisdom:
Accept that some days you're the pigeon,
and some days you're the statue!