ADSM-L

Re: restoring multiple filespaces

1999-04-29 10:31:02
Subject: Re: restoring multiple filespaces
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 09:31:02 -0500
     I've found that everything seems to have switched over to a "must
     specify at least as specific as a file system boundary" situation.

     EVEN THE "set access" command... used to I could use
        set access archive "/.../*" somenode
     now with our sap oracle data bases I have to do in excess of 100 set
     access commands for each other node I wish to give access to
        set access archive "/oracle/sapdata1/.../*" somenode
     and sapdata2 and 3 and ... sapdata200 ... WHICH SUCKS !

     IF you are suffering like I am just do a "q file" and capture it in a
     disk file and break out the'ol editor tricks to plug your command
     options around the file systems.

     Now I can't remember but you might give
        restore "/*/*" a whirl, but once again it might only do
     subdirectories off the / file system (sigh)

     later,
           Dwight

Author:  sunilg (sunilg AT TBC.CO DOT UK) at unix,mime
Date:    4/29/99 8:24 AM

Dwight,
Thank you for this but, is there any way I can restore ALL filespaces
without specifying the individual filespace name?
to use your example...
if I did the following it will only restore the root filesystem.
  nohup restore /* -subdir=yes -replace=yes -pass=blah &

Regards
Sunil