ADSM-L

NT Lotus Notes Agent - ndsmnotes?

1999-04-29 01:10:21
Subject: NT Lotus Notes Agent - ndsmnotes?
From: Joshua Bassi <jbassi AT GLORYWORKS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 22:10:21 -0700
ADSMers,

I have ran into a weird problem with a new install of the NT Lotus Notes
Agent.

If my Notes servers are down and I launch "dsmnotes incr
d:\notes\data\names.nsf" from the NT command prompt a Notes agent backup
will start.  But if I start the Notes servers and launch the same command
(or any variation) from the Notes server console - it tells me that it can't
find the "ndsmnotes.EXE"  program.  Where did the n come from?

So I renamed dsmnotes to ndsmnotes.  I tried my original command but it
still didn't find it.  If I provide the full path
"c:\win32app\ibm\adsm\agentln\dsmnotes incr d:\notes\data\names.nsf" in the
Notes server console I see a message similar to
"c:\win32app\ibm\adsm\agentln\ndsmnotes incr d:\notes\data\names.nsf
started."  So if I give it the full path it launches "ndsmnotes."  Again
where did the n come from?

I have set this up under AIX several times and it works fine.  Never have I
seen any reference to ndsmnotes.  All of my environment variables are set
correctly including the PATH.

Has anybody seen something like this before.  Is there some setting that I
do not know about within Notes that tells it to only look for programs that
start with an n?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lotus Notes 4.61
NT 4.0 SP4 Notes Agent 2.1.0.9
           ADSM client 3.1.0.6
           ADSM server 3.1.2.20

Joshua Bassi                          E-mail:        jbassi AT gloryworks DOT
com
Joshua Bassi                          E-mail:        jbassi AT gloryworks DOT
com
Storage Management Team Lead          Cellular/VM:   (408) 836-7147
Dickens Services Group                Internet:      www.TeamDSG.com