ADSM-L

Running SQL in ADSM Server

1999-04-28 08:24:14
Subject: Running SQL in ADSM Server
From: Eric Tang <tangeric AT HK1.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 20:24:14 +0800
Hi,

Did any of you encounter problem in running SQL?

I tried running SQL in unix script,
dsmadmc -id=xxxx -pa=xxxx "select distinct volume_name from VOLUMEUSAGE
where
node_name='HP62_ORA_ARCH' and stgpool_name <> 'OFFSITE_T2' order by
volume_name" >> temp11.txt

After a long while, there is still no output from SQL, I Ctrl-C the unix
script.
q act shows there is a checkin libv process, and the process run for a
while and seems hang. After cancel pro, q pro shows process cancel pending.
Try backup db at command line, no response after enter command.
Apart from ADSM server, there is no other application on the machine. There
is CPU activity continues although not high ~20to30%.
Finally, I halt the server. Startup the server and repeat the same SQL,
output comes within a minute. 40 to 50 tape volumes are selected from the
SQL.

This is not the first time I have this experience. Again, the SQL did not
fail everytime. In the past, there were cases that cannot connect to Admin
client session as no response from "dsmadmc -id=xxx -pa=xxx", and finally
need to kill  the server process at Unix. Thanks.

Regards,
Eric Tang