ADSM-L

Re: DB mirroring vs. RAID

2015-10-04 17:44:49
Subject: Re: DB mirroring vs. RAID
From: Kenneth Sparks [mailto:ken_x_sparks AT AMOCO DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
     Can I assume this is talking only about the ADSM mirroring and not the
     OS mirroring?

Author:  Trevor.Foley (Trevor.Foley AT BANKERSTRUST.COM DOT AU) at unix,mime
Date:    4/22/99 6:25 PM

Hi Reinhard,

I can confirm absolutely that partial page writes do occur in the real world. We
 had to instances of this on one server within a few days. Unfortunately, we wer
en't able to recover. We had the server option MIRRORWRITE LOG set to the defaul
t of PARALLEL at the time, and the ADSM server did not recover as it should have
. If we had had MIRRORWRITE LOG set to SEQUENTIAL, the database would have recov
ered, I believe. And there have been changes made to the recovery logic (sorry,
I can't remember which version) that should enabled the database to recover even
 if set to PARALLEL.

regards,

Trevor