ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:44:49
This may be a SQL SP5 issue.  Apply SP5a to the machine and try it.....
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q197/1/74.asp
<http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q197/1/74.asp>
The above link is the 5a fixlist.

Chris Lawrence, MCSE
LAN Consolidation
Standard Technology
575-5215

                -----Original Message-----
                From:   Joseph Vicini [mailto:vicini AT SOLUTIONTECHNOLOGY DOT
COM]
                Sent:   Friday, April 23, 1999 3:51 PM
                To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                Subject:        SQL Server 6.5 and ADSM

                Can someone please help me.    We have a rather large ADSM
environment.  We
                would like to use the ADSM Connect agent for Microsoft SQL
Server 6.5.   Our DBA
                has been opposed to this idea, because he believes that the
"ADSM client code
                corrupts his databases".

                For his benefit, performed the following test:

                1. Installed NT and SQL Server with NT SP4 and SQL SP5.
                2. The DBA moved the data from another SQL Server to the
test machine using
                "Object transfer" and "Transactions".    The DBA then
updated one of the fields
                on one table of the database. When he did this, he received
a transaction log
                error similar to the following:

                " Can't allocate space for object syslogs in database dbname
because the
                     logsegment is full. If you ran out of space in syslogs,
dump the
                  transaction
                     log. Otherwise use ALTER DATABASE or sp_extendsegment
to increase the size
                  of
                     the segment."

                3. The ADSM NT and Connect Agent clients are loaded on the
machine and the
                machine is re-booted

                4.  We started SQL Enterprise Manager and noticed that the
database in question
                had gone into "Recovery Mode".

                5. The DBA checked the sizes for the database again using
"Edit Database" and
                the total size information looks correct however, the
available space on the
                transaction log and the available space on the database show
0 bytes available.

                8. The DBA tried expanding the database and truncating the
transaction log at
                this point and still received the same 0 bytes available.

                9. The DBA claims that the database is corrupted due to fact
that the incorrect
                size is being reported for the database and transaction log
and he claims he
                only receives this result when ADSM is loaded on the
machine.

                I can't  see how loading ADSM code on a machine could have
this type of effect.
                Can someone tell me what the above error message might
really mean ?