ADSM-L

Admin GUI

1999-04-23 12:26:22
Subject: Admin GUI
From: "Remeta, Mark" <MRemeta AT SELIGMANDATA DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 12:26:22 -0400
Hello all, under the Admin GUI, when you look at Storage Pool Volumes, the
Estimated Capacity that is listed, is this the actual amount of data written
to the tape? If client compression is turned on how does that affect this
number. Is the number given the amount of data backed up after compression
or before. The reason I ask is that I have a SONY AIT tape drive with the
25GB tapes and the tape drive is suppose to include compression to increase
the capacity of the tapes to 50GB. However when I look in the Admin GUI none
of the tapes list capacities greater than say 24GB. I have client
compression turned on for our NT Workstations and Servers but not our
NetWare Servers but the capacity is the same for both tapes (they are in
separate storage pools).

TIA

Mark Remeta
Seligman Data Corp.