ADSM-L

NT NAMEDPIPES commmethod?

1999-04-23 11:44:55
Subject: NT NAMEDPIPES commmethod?
From: Joshua Bassi <jbassi AT GLORYWORKS DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 08:44:55 -0700
ADSMers,

NT 4.0 SP4 Server 3.1.2.2
(same box) Client 3.1.0.6

I am trying to setup multiple simultaneous schedules to run on an NT client.
For performance reasons I would like to use the NAMEDPIPES communication
method.  I have been having trouble getting the client schedules to not step
on each other.  I have 3 schedules defined on the server.  I have 3 manually
launched "dsmc sched" processes running on the client.  My schedules were at
first incrementals of specific, large directories.  When that didn't work I
changed the schedules to commands (in the command on the client I launched a
"dsmc i d:\dir_name\."  But as I watch my 3 "dsmc sched" processes running,
I see that they all attempt to start the first schedule at the same time -
since they are all trying to run the first schedule, none of them is
available to start the 2nd and 3rd schedule.

NAMEDPIPES restrictions:  on the client I cannot specify more than one
NAMEDPIPENAME and you must use schedmode POLLING.

Question:  can I run multiple schedules jobs using the NAMEDPIPES
communication method or am I stuck using TCP/IP?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Joshua Bassi                          E-mail:        jbassi AT gloryworks DOT
com
Joshua Bassi                          E-mail:        jbassi AT gloryworks DOT
com
Storage Management Team Lead          Cell/VM:       (408) 836-7147
Dickens Services Group                Internet:      www.teamdsg.com