ADSM-L

Re: DB mirroring vs. RAID

1999-04-22 19:25:11
Subject: Re: DB mirroring vs. RAID
From: Trevor Foley <Trevor.Foley AT BANKERSTRUST.COM DOT AU>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 09:25:11 +1000
Hi Reinhard,

I can confirm absolutely that partial page writes do occur in the real world.
We had to instances of this on one server within a few days. Unfortunately, we
weren't able to recover. We had the server option MIRRORWRITE LOG set to the
default of PARALLEL at the time, and the ADSM server did not recover as it
should have. If we had had MIRRORWRITE LOG set to SEQUENTIAL, the database
would have recovered, I believe. And there have been changes made to the
recovery logic (sorry, I can't remember which version) that should enabled the
database to recover even if set to PARALLEL.

regards,

Trevor