ADSM-L

ADSM and MS Exchange

1999-04-22 17:28:04
Subject: ADSM and MS Exchange
From: Gerard Diep <Gerard.Diep AT PEDICO DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 23:28:04 +0200
Dear Collegues!

As we haven4t found ADSM Newsgroups in Germany we may ask you, if someone of
you has experience in using the actual version of ADSM exchange agents as
main Backup& Restore and Disaster&Recovery strategy in your MS Exchange
environment.
Can someone tell me about:
Backup&Restore
1.      Quality of Backup&Restore of MS Exchange Server via ADSM, online
Database
Backup
2.      Performance of Backup&Restore of 10-12 GB Exchange Databases
3.      Handling of Backup&Restore GUI
4.      Configuration "smartness"
5.      Experience in ADSM Backup for Exchange in a Storage Area Network
environment
Brick Level Backup&Restore
Does ADSM in the actual Version support brick level Backup&Restore of
Exchange. Can we restore single mail or public Folders? Can we restore
single connectors?

Disaster Recovery
Does someone have experience about Disaster & Recvorey experience?
Is that possible to restore Exchange Databases with or with no circular
logging?

Many thanks for your hints
Gerard Diep
mailto:Gerard.Diep AT PEDICO DOT DE