ADSM-L

Digital Unix Client 3.1.0.6 pursuing symbolic links

1999-04-21 06:05:41
Subject: Digital Unix Client 3.1.0.6 pursuing symbolic links
From: "Kelly J. Lipp" <lipp AT STORSOL DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 04:05:41 -0600
Folks,

I've seen a couple of problems with the Digital UNIX client that I would like
comments on:

1. In the dsm.sys file, the option followsymbolic no does not appear to work.
When dsmc starts, we're getting the much dreaded "illegal option" error.
-foll=no works fine on the command line.

2. On the systems here, we are seeing the client attempt to pursue a symbolic
link created by the automounter.  It is our thought this should not occur.
We've applied the -foll=no on the dsmc line when starting the client to no
avail.  This is happening consistently on multiple clients.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks,

Kelly Lipp
SSSI