ADSM-L

Re: Problem restoring file in DR situation

1999-04-21 03:25:42
Subject: Re: Problem restoring file in DR situation
From: Gary Harrison <Gary.Harrison AT ARCADIAGROUP.CO DOT UK>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 08:25:42 +0100
John,

     Thanks for the reply,

     I am running AIX 4.2.1 and ADSM server V3.1.2.15

     I have been through the loop of running Audit reclaim etc.

     The point I was getting at though is the fact that I left a restore running
overnight expecting to get in in the morning to load the next tape only to find
that the restore failed because 1 file  was " Not Available to the Server" .  I
would have preferred to have arrived to load the next tape with a message saying
" a File was unavailable but the restore process continued".