ADSM-L

Re: Scratchtapes with status pending

1999-04-19 13:26:21
Subject: Re: Scratchtapes with status pending
From: Doug Thorneycroft <dthorneycroft AT LACSD DOT ORG>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 10:26:21 -0700
issue "Q stg <Storage pool name> f=d"
near the bottom of the output is the field
"Delay Period for Volume Reuse"
This is the number of days that your volume will remain
pending.
This number should be at least as long as the time you keep
database backups. This prevents you from overwriting a volume
that would be needed if you have to restore your ADSM database
to a previous point in time.