ADSM-L

Re: Destroyed Tape

1999-04-19 03:58:28
Subject: Re: Destroyed Tape
From: Pieter Groen <Pieter.Groen AT UCI.KUN DOT NL>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 09:58:28 +0200
I have experimented with this problem. I made a QUERY CONTENTS of a bad
tape and selected a file with an active version only (on the bad tape).
Then, after setting the tape DESTROYED, I did a new backup, but no new
active version of the file appeared. A restore still asked for the bad
tape.
So I have the idea that it is not working as designed.
You have to use DEL VOL <volume> DISCARCDATA=YES