ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Connection Problem

1999-04-16 06:18:20
Subject: Re: ADSM Connection Problem
From: Wassim Hossari <whossari AT KFSHHUB.KFSHRC.EDU DOT SA>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 13:18:20 +0300
Hi Louis,

Yes, it happened to us once before and we had to bring the ADSM server
down an up again to have access back.  Confirming your investigation, no
indication to what could have caused it we found.  My suspicion was one
of the running administrative client session opened for our computer
room operators to check on ADSM activities. At that time the running
operator administrative client session/window could access the server
but no other administrative client window could be run from anywhere on
the network.  If it happens to you again, try to look for a running
administrative client session first and kill it . See if access to the
server could be established again this way without recycling the ADSM
server.

Note: We are running ADSM 3.1.1.0 on a RS/6000 R50

Regards,
Wassim