ADSM-L

Move Media/Read Only

2015-10-04 17:44:48
Subject: Move Media/Read Only
From: Weeks, Debbie
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
I just found that I have about 400 tapes that hve been marked as read only.
Some are full, but some only have a fraction of the true capacity in use,
but are marked as full.  Virtually all of these tapes are ones that have
been moved out of the 3575 Library to a taperack overflow location since an
upgrade to ADSM/AIX 3.1.2.1.  Most are not in an error state.  Does this
have anything to do with the move media command that we use to move the
tapes out of the library?

P.S. I just upgraded to 3.1.2.20 today, it was when restarting ADSM that I
saw the messages going by indicating read only tapes.

Debbie Weeks
University of South Florida
Information Technologies/Technical Support
*********
*Debbie AT admin.usf DOT edu
*(813) 974-6926   *  S/C 574-6926
Fax(813) 974-3054